Maison d'Etre

In which a girl buys her apartment and learns to decorate it from scratch.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

i've been in an art buying frenzy



I was just looking at the art gallery Mixed Greens again. It's amazing. I've decided that I'm spending my money on art and letting the art I buy dictate my home decor.

A few months ago I bought two drawings by my friend Franklin Evans. I didn't realize it until I got them home, but they're both images of trees. Then I fell in love with a winter treescape by Jim Murphy. I must have been a dryad in a former life. In any case, I'm going to do a wall of tree images in the living room--I'll mix media and styles and seasons. I just bought two small oil paintings of trees--see above--by Nick Jainschigg, a teacher at the Rhode Island School of Design.

Once I've got my trees. I'll buy a sofa to match.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home