Maison d'Etre

In which a girl buys her apartment and learns to decorate it from scratch.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

forget art...the cats dictate the decor


My bratty cat Emma has spent 11 years:
-- scratching my couch to shreds;
-- keeping me awake by howling all night long and/or knocking things off my dresser;
-- batting one piece of dry food at a time onto the kitchen floor where she eats it and leaves crumbs that feel icky on my bare feet; and my favorite,
--dipping her paw into her bowl of water and splashing it around until her food mat is sopping wet and the crumbs I just mentioned are soggy. That feels even better on my bare feet.

But now she has a new hobby: She has torn a hole in the batting underneath my box spring, so she can climb up into it and sleep between the springs directly beneath my head. If she just lay there quietly it'd be one thing. But every time I roll over she lets out a pissy little yelp and scratches at the top of the box spring. Have I mentioned that this is right beneath my head?

Look at the little devil.

I am going crazy. I lie in bed at night fantasizing about nailing plywood to the bottom of the box spring or turning my bed into a captain's bed with drawers to keep her out. Help!

2 Comments:

At May 26, 2006, Blogger Andrea Lawlor said...

At least Emma is a lifetime learner!

 
At June 03, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the hell doe lifetime learner have to do with it. Get a captains bed- you'd be happier.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home